This webinar will feature several of the leaders of BLM At School to explain how this movement started, what the objectives are, and how community organizations can support. Black Lives Matter At School is a national movement of educators organizing for racial justice in education. We encourage all educators, students, parents, unions, and community organizations to join our annual week of action during the first week of February each year.
We recently had a big win when the National Education Association (one of the biggest unions in the U.S.) voted at to support Black Lives Matter at School week this coming year. This has the potential to make the week of action
With your support there is great potential for this growing movement to make concrete victories to dismantle institutional racism in schools around the country.
Goals for the BLM at School webinar:
- Present the history of the BLM at School movement.
- Share goals of BLM at school movement with groups who are doing overlapping work for social justice.
- Outline the strategy for the 2018-2019 school year to build on recent victories of our movement (such as winning an Ethnic Studies program in Seattle).
- Suggest ways that other organizations and individuals can support the BLM At School movement.
- Answer questions from groups that are interested in potentially partnering on the BLM week of action in February.
Call/login information for the webinar:
BLM at School National Webinar for collaborating organizations Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/427662705 Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16699006833,,427662705# or +16468769923,,427662705# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923 Meeting ID: 427 662 705 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/eCX7wtvOb